THE LICHFIELD 10K is one of the biggest and best sporting events in the area – Lichfield’s version of the London marathon, attracting around 1,500 entries each year, encouraging people to take up a more active lifestyle and raise funds for many local causes. Organised by Lichfield Running Club, it has gained a reputation as one of the premier events in the Midlands.
We are currently making good progress with the planning for the Lichfield 10k for 2021. Of course it will depend on the situation with the pandemic and Government regulations, but fingers crossed. There will be some changes as we want to make it even safer with regards to Covid.
It’s our 25th Anniversary, so we hope it will be our biggest and best race yet.
Race day is 12th September 2021. Entries are now open, so click below
- Chip timing, with SMS result sent directly to your mobile phone
- All runners will receive a medal. All 10k runners will also receive a high quality souvenir technical T shirt. Free photos of the run by professional photographers
- Prizes for the first three male/female and first male/female masters aged over 35, 45, 55, 65. First male and first female aged 15-19. First male club team (4 to count) and first female club team (3 to count). There is also a £100 prize for breaking the course records (male and female)
- Highly rated marshals
- Free parking and Plenty of toilets at the start
- The event aims to raise money for many local causes
PLEASE NOTE :
Age limits: For the 10k race, entrants must be 15 years of age or over on race day, proof of age may be required. There are no age limits in the fun run but children under 9 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For your own safety, and to adhere to the UKA Rules of Competition, please DO NOT use headphones/ MP3 players or similar audio equipment (excluding bone conducting headphones). If you are spotted wearing headphones you will be disqualified.
- The course is regrettably not suitable for wheelchairs.
Run under UK Athletics Rules (Licence no 2020-39283). Accurately measured 10k course (Certificate 18/114)
Many thanks to our Sponsors and Supporters: