The 2018 Lichfield 10K & Fun Run approx. 2K – Sunday 9 September 2018 10.30am King Edward VI Leisure Centre, Kings Hill Road, Lichfield, WS14 9DE
Run under UK Athletics Rules (2018-TBC)
Accurately measured 10k course (Certificate 18/TBC)
Organiser: Lichfield Running Club
Terms & Conditions of Entry –
On entering this event, you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions of Entry as stated by the event organiser as set out below.
You understand that the event organiser can amend these Terms & Conditions of Entry at their discretion and you will ensure that you have reviewed the Terms & Conditions of Entry prior to competing on the day.
- By submitting your entry you are agreeing to enter the event and agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions of Entry, to abide by the Rules of UK Athletics, and adhere to any instructions from race officials and organisers.
- You confirm that the information you have provided on your application/entry form is correct to the best of your knowledge.
- You will be provided with a Timing Chip that should be used in accordance with the instructions. The Timing Chip is on the reverse of your race number and if you fail to bring the race number on race day you will be required to pay for a new Timing Chip and Race Number.
- Age limits: For the 10k race, entrants must be 15 years of age or over on race day, proof of age may be required. There are no age limits in the fun run but children under 9 must be accompanied by an adult
- Entrants under 18 will be required to ask their parental/legal guardian to sign a consent form that is on the application/entry form. If you are entering this race on behalf of another person, you are authorized by them to accept these Terms and Conditions on their behalf. If entering this race on behalf of someone under 18 years of age, you consent to these conditions on their behalf as their parent/guardian and understand that it is your responsibility to attend with them on the day of the event.
- You will write on the reverse of your race number an emergency name and contact details for race day and any medical conditions you have, which the race organisers should be made aware of. You agree to wear your issued race number on your front throughout the entire event and you will ensure it is not cut, folded, or mutilated in any way.
- If you have a medical condition you must provide the event organiser and officials with details when registering for the event & set this information our clearly on the back of your race number.
- At all times during the event you must adhere to all instructions given by the event organiser and officials, and obey any markings, warnings or other signage that have been put in place to reduce risk. You will act in a manner that is safe to you and others around you and you shall not hold the organisers or anyone acting on their behalf responsible for any of your own actions that have caused accident, illness, injury or loss to you or others.
- Participation in the event is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the event or allowing any other person to wear the event number. Any breach of this Condition shall render the entry void. If you are found to be in breach of this Condition we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future events.
- We strongly advise that you train for the run and follow a 10k training plan. If you do not currently engage in regular exercise please seek your doctors/general practitioner’s advice before entering.
- For the 10k race only, you are not permitted to use the following items in the event: any wheeled device, any artificial aid, any pets or animals or any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants. Only participants running, jogging or walking will be allowed on the route. Roller-skates, wheelbarrows or other objects with wheels are strictly prohibited. The course is regrettably not suitable for wheelchairs.
- You warrant to us that you will be on the event date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the event unaided and in accordance with theses Terms & Conditions of Entry. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you or your child/dependant seek medical advice. You are medically fit to participate in the event and understand that you enter at my own risk. You understand that you may be putting your health at risk if you are not capable of running the distance of the race in the prevailing conditions.
- You should wear clothing and appropriate footwear to complete in this event, and that any Fancy Dress attire is worn at your own risk.
- For your own safety, and to adhere to the UKA Rules of Competition, please DO NOT use headphones/ MP3 players or similar audio equipment (excluding bone conducting headphones). If you are spotted wearing headphones you may be disqualified.
Cancellation By Us
- We may cancel the event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions. In such circumstances:-
We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of cancellation including, e-mail, mobile phone, text message, website updates, television and radio broadcasts.
- You will be entitled to receive a refund of the entry fee less an appropriate administration fee. The on-line service fee charged by the website provider is non refundable.
- In the event of cancellation of the event we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs.
Cancellation By You
18. Your entry fee is non- refundable and you will not be able to obtain a refund under any circumstances. You cannot transfer your number to another runner.
- For the purposes of this Condition personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes (“Personal Information”).
(a) You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the event.
(b) Medical information may also be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you. (c) You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by us for the purposes of:- the promotion and marketing of the event; and adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in.
If you would not like us to use the Personal Information other than for purposes related to
you participation in the event, please e-mail us before the event.
- You have the right to access your records held on our database subject to an
Changes to the Event
21. We reserve the right to change the course, e.g. route, start times or date etc, or make any other amendment to the event that we deem necessary to stage the event at our discretion. Any change to the event will be communicated to you at the event or sooner if practicable.
22. Should the course distance be reduced in accordance with condition you agree that the event is still deemed to be staged and that we will not be liable to you for any refund.
Use of Image
23. The event may be televised and photographs may be taken which capture your participation in the event. You agree to the free publication of such photographs and broadcasts and their use by us in future publications and publicity. Any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
- The organisers or anyone acting on their behalf will NOT be held responsible for any accident, illness, injury or loss, prior to, during or after the event however such may be caused.
- In NO event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with this event and in line with the Terms & Conditions of Entry for any:
(a) loss or damage;
(b) loss of profit;
(c) loss of reputation;
(d) loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
(e) loss of anticipated savings;
(f) pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
(g) consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage: would arise in the ordinary course of events; is reasonably foreseeable; or is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Entry shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- The Terms & Conditions of Entry shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If any provision of the Terms of Condition of Entry is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.
The Terms & Conditions of Entry does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not party to it.
- You understand that the organisers are within their rights to make alterations to any of any prizes, mementos or other souvenirs offered to participants prior to the event. Although attempts will be made to offer adequate T-Shirt sizes, they will be offered on a first come first served basis and you understand that you may not receive a size of my choosing.
- Any prizes awarded will be done so following the event at the prize giving ceremony. In the event of unclaimed prizes, they will be reissued at the organisers’ discretion.
- There will be unsecured suggested car parking locations for the event but you understand that the organisers or anyone acting on their behalf are in no way responsible for any loss, damage or otherwise either caused or received by you. Any offences you commit including obstruction of the highway are your responsibility alone and the organisers or anyone acting on their behalf are in no way accountable for your actions.
- Baggage: You understand that any baggage left in the baggage drop area or the changing rooms at King Edward VI Leisure Centre on race day will be left at your own risk and the organiser, officials and Lichfield Running Club cannot be held responsible for any lose or damage of these items.
Dated: March 2018
Lichfield Running Club